The purpose of this article is to provide a process for our customers to put through journals to the Trade Debtor and Creditor accounts.
The issue here is that, to be able to put these journals through, you need to have a debtor or creditor attached. Sometimes a debtor or creditor will have the correct balance, but the balance of the GL account itself will be out, and a journal is needed to resolve this. If you attached the Creditor or Debtor, you would get an out of balance debtor/creditor.
This process below shows you how to make the change without it requiring a debtor/creditor, or affecting their balance.
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE CONTINUING...IMPORTANT: NO ONE ELSE CAN BE USING AUTOSOFT WHILE YOU ARE GOING THROUGH THIS PROCESS. IF THEY ARE, THERE COULD BE MASSIVE REPERCUSSIONS.
1. Go to General Ledger - Maintenance - GL Control Accounts.
2. Press "Allow Changes"
3. NOTE THE ACCOUNT NUMBER HERE FIRST!! Change the GL Account (1st column) attached to "03 Debtor Control" (3rd column) for debtors, "04 Creditor Control" for creditors, or "49 Vehicle Debtors" for when there is an issue with a vehicle (Dealership Module Only) to a different account. Doesn't matter which account this is.
4. Click the next line to save
5. press OK to exit
6. Do the same last 5 steps for the other branch
7. Do your journal
8. Go back into the GL Control Account and follow the first 6 steps again but this time, change the account back to the GL account that was originally in the first column