The purpose of this guide is to learn how to process a till reconciliation in your Autosoft.
A till reconciliation is so that you can reconcile what you have received in takings for the day, regardless if you have a till or not and is great for businesses with Cash type customers and many staff so that all takings can be kept track of. A till reconciliation can be done daily if not every second day so that the transactions don’t pile up. See below how to process a till reconciliation.
This is a 3 part process which includes entering necessary information to till reconciliation window, adjusting variances and exporting/printing reports.
1. Open Till Reconciliation and add pertinent data
- Go to General Ledger – Banking – Till Menu – Till Reconciliation
- The Begin Date will already appear for you, you need to enter in the End date
- You can choose to put in a Begin Time, End Time and also a Description
- You now need to click on Refresh
- Once you click on Refresh you will see in the Balance tab what has come in, from cash, to eftpos to cheques and so on
- Enter the Amounts you have actually Counted
- Do the rest of the payment methods you have received (Eftpos or cheque or credit cards)
- Click into the Actual Amount field
- Type in the amount
- You should see a variance of $0.00
- Go through and do this for all payment methods that have amounts against them
- Your Total should match the Expected Amount
- Go to the Query tab
- Select “Till Transactions” - you will see all the transactions that have gone through
- Click on the heading the columns will move in order for you.
- In the Type column you can see how these transactions were processed, so Sales = Cash Customer and Receipt = Account Customer
- You can also Export the transactions or Print them from here
- Once you are done and your variance are at $0.00 or very small amounts you can put in the End Date again
- Run some reports by clicking on “Print Reconciliation Sheet” or “Print Till Summary Report”
- Once you are happy with your final totals - click on Close Till
- The system will ask if you want to close the till -say Yes
- If your actual takings (the totals you entered) are different to the system totals and there are variances, it will ask if you want to Post the Variances - Click Yes if the amount is worth keeping track of (see this guide for more details http://service.autosoft.com.au/entries/21604315-What-to-Do-With-Your-Till-Reconciliation-Variances)
- Once you have done this the system will give it a reference number and create a NEW SHIFT for you, ready for the next till rec to be done